ICPS Australia building consultants offer consulting building services to conduct specialist building investigations and property inspections.
ICPS Australia building consultants are professionals who carry out a varied number of general and specific tasks, varying in size and importance in the building industry, usually engaged by insurers, builders, engineers, trades persons seeking a satisfactory outcome or assistance in / or on a building process, prior, during or after the event.
Our Building consultants are nationally qualified and have expertise in a number of areas as listed below or may call on associates where greater speciality is required.
Our Building consultants are professionals and who are subject to a code of practice which are generally set down by their related accredited body or membership.
Our Building consultants may be called upon to give expert evidence in the courts and consumer traders where in conjunction with their own or specialist inspection reports. Building consultants when giving expert evidence are bound to abide by the expert witness code of conduct which is compliant in the relative jurisdiction.
Examples of where ICPS Australia are often appointed:
- Building, extending or renovating
- Obtaining dilapidation report where possible damage related to the new building works may occur
- General building advice regarding a proposed commercial or residential project
- When difficulties and disagreements arise during the construction or finishing process
- Assistance to clarify building requirements in relation to building code of Australia, & Australian standards
- Strata or company property building defects or rectification or maintenance works program
- General building and specialist issues
- Insurance assessments, general and Home owners Warranty issues
- Safety inspections and audits
- Ensuring compliance with requirements regarding access to buildings, fire, energy efficient housing, planning and specification developments and council and development applications
- Asbestos audit
- Expert witness